Friday, August 9, 2013

Totally sad

So the news on my knee.  I have torn my ACL.  An injury when football players get it takes them out for the entire season :(  I am more then bummed and I'm feeling really discouraged.  I feel like I was doing everything well and then one stupid thing and now I'm going to have to start all over again.  I asked the doctor what kind of time frame are we looking and he goes "several months" before I can return to regular activities.  Truly sucky!  I talked to my trainer last night and she is offering words of encouragement and telling me that when I'm cleared that she will work with me and get me back to where I was before.  She said to really concentrate on the diet part of my weight loss and just that in check.   So portion everything.  I am not so good at that Vern.  I have to admit I HATE DIETING.  Just the sound of the word diet and I give up.  I had the motivation to do it now and I'm now on hold.  It's crappy.  But I guess I've had many opportunities before this to get myself into shape and should have taken advantage of that time before hand.  However I didn't so this is where I am; frustrated and discouraged!  I really wanted to change my life and my weight and now I'll have to start back in square one.  I have a feeling the weight is going to creep back on and I'll be starting all over but I will do my best to not gain during this part of my down time, but I don't it will be difficult.  So updates soon to come I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment